Classic ribbed beanie created with a slip stitch , giving it extra spark.
Simple beginner friendly knitting pattern. Using only one skein of Lion Brand Thick and Quick Wool-Ease.
You can purchase the inexpensive ad-free PDF printable version of the pattern on Etsy.
- 8mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 9mm 16″circular knitting needles
- 1 Skien of Lion Brand Thick and Quick Wool-Ease
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Optional: pom pom
- Pattern is multiples of 3 but needs to be an even number
- I start with 8mm circular knitting needles then switch to 9mm for the body of the hat. If you prefer you can knit the whole hat with 9mm circular knitting needles
- The hat has some slight slouch. Knit less rows if you do not want it to be slouchy
- This pattern was created using Lion Brand Thick and Quick Wool-Ease, but you can use any level 6 bulky yarn
- This pattern is written in adult size
- knit in the round
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- Sl1pyb: Slip Stitch purlwise with yarn held in the back.
- k2tog: knit two together
- Repeat the part in the asterisk* * until the end of the round
- DPN: double pointed needles
Cast on 48 stitches using your 8mm circular needles. Join in the round
Brim of the hat
Row 1-8: *K1, p1* Repeat until the end of the round
Body of the hat
Switch to 9mm circular needles
Row 9: *Sl1pyb, p2* Repeat until the end of the round
Row 10: *K1, p2* Repeat until the end of the round
Row 11-30: Repeat rows 9 and 10
Row 31: *K3, k2tog*, k3 *repeat until the end of the round
Row 32: knit all the way around
Row 33: *k2,k2tog*, k3 *repeat until the end of the round
Row 34: knit all the way around
**Switch to your DPN’s**
Row 35: *k1,k2tog* Repeat until the end of the round
Row 36: Knit all the way around
Row 37: k2tog
Cast off and weave in ends.
You are done! Add a pom pom if you would like!
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use, but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!