I love knitting little baby hats, they are THE cutest little things to make.
The Oaks hat is a two toned hat. I like to knit these hats in neutral colours, this way they can go with any outfits. But you can mix and match colour combinations how ever you would like!
Oaks Hat Pattern
- 9mm 16′ circular knitting needles
- 9mm DPN’s
- Lion Brand Thick and Quick Wool-Ease (2 different colours, I used fossil and fisherman)
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
- Pom pom maker
- This pattern is worked in multiples of 3
- The pattern is written for an infant 6-12 months
- This pattern is knit with two different colours. One for the brim of the hat and one for the body of the hat
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- K2tog: Knit two together
- CC: contrasting colour (brim of the hat)
- MC: Main colour (body of the hat)
Size: Infant 6-12 Months
Cast on 36 stitches and join in the round with CC
Row 1-8: *K2, p1* repeat around
Body of the hat
Row 9-18 : with MC knit each round
Row 19: *k2, k2tog* Repeat around
Row 20: Knit around
Switch to DPN’s
Row 21: *k1, k2tog* Repeat around
Row 22: Knit around
Row 23: k2tog
Cut a long tail and weave through the remaining stitch on the needle. Pull tight to close. Now add a pom pom and you are done!
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use, but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!